THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE VILLAGE
User
15.00 RON

THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE VILLAGE

Bucuresti Sectorul 1, Bucuresti, Romania Published date: August 7, 2018

Description

On the shores of Lake Herastrau, right in the middle of the Romanian capital, the visitor everywhere has the joy of encountering a real "village" with monuments and artifacts dating back to the 19th century. the 17th century until the beginning of the sec. XX; representative buildings from important ethnography areas have regained their second life at the National Village Museum "Dimitrie Gusti".

The idea of ​​an open-air museum in Romania dates back to the second half of the 19th century. In 1867, Alexandru Odobescu, an eminent man of culture, proposes the presentation of some monuments of folk architecture at the Universal Exhibition in Paris in a specially designed pavilion. Sometime later, the scientist Alexandru Ţigăra Samurcaş would expect to bring in the Ethnographic Museum of National Art, Decorative Art and Industrial Art in Bucharest, set up in 1906, "authentic and complete households from all the most important regions inhabited by Romanians" , the project materializing in 1909, by exposing in this museum a village house in Gorj county.

In the 30's of the 20th century, there were only two open-air museums in Europe: the Skansen Museum in Stockholm (Sweden, 1891) and the Bygdøy Museum in Lillehamer (Norway). In our country at that time, the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania in the "Hoia" Park in Cluj, founded in 1929 by Professor Romulus Vuia, with regional specificity and the Romanian Village Museum (today the National Museum of the "Dimitrie Gusti" Village) in Bucharest, in 1936, with a national character.

The creation of the Village Museum is the result of intense and sustained theoretical and field research of museographic experiments over a decade coordinated by Professor Dimitrie Gusti, the founder of the Sociological School in Bucharest. As head of the sociology department of the University of Bucharest, Gusti organizes between 1925-1935, with specialists from various fields (sociologists, ethnographers, folklorists, geographers, statisticians, doctors) and with his students, monographic research campaigns with an interdisciplinary character, in a relatively large number of villages (Fundu Moldovei - Suceava County, Nereju - Vrancea County, Drăguş - Braşov County, Dragomireşti - Maramureş County, Clopotiva - Hunedoara County, Runcu - Gorj County, Ruşeţu - Buzau, etc.).

Based on these experiences, a hard work of conception and the moral and material support of the Royal Prince Carol Foundation in March 1936, in only two months, an exceptional museum work could be built. In this short time, the teams of specialists and students (the same ones who participated in field campaigns), led by D. Gusti and HH Stahl, acquired the peasant constructions (homes, annexes, churches, technical installations) and interior items (furniture, ceramics, fabrics, tools, etc.) considered as representative of their places of origin.

   is offline.
Share by email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+

    Contact publisher

    Enter the words above:

    Comments

    Leave your comment (spam and offensive messages will be removed)





    Add comment

      THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE VILLAGE

      15.00 RON
      +40 021 317 9103
      Bucuresti Sectorul 1, Bucuresti, Romania

      Muzeul Satului

      Published date: August 7, 2018

      Views: 27

      2018 All rights reserved DORINZA.com founding member of group DORINZA INTERNATIONAL
      Members
      Contact About Us Cookie Policy Site Policy Cookie settings
      +-
      Google
      Pinterest
      Linkedin